free hit counter

Will Yaya Toure join big brother Kolo at Arsenal next season?

Ivory Coast midfielder Yaya Toure has spoken of his desire to play club football alongside his older brother Kolo, fuelling speculation that the 25-year-old could be set to join Arsenal in the summer.

According to newspaper gossip, Arsene Wenger is set to table a £10 million bid to Barcelona for Yaya, amid rumours that new Barca coach Josep Guardiola is contemplating a summer clear out.

Toure only went to the Nou Camp last August, but given that the Catalan giants are his fifth club in as many years, it wouldn't be too surprising to see him move on. Since arriving in Europe in 2001, Yaya has had spells at the Gunners' Belgian feeder club Beveren, Ukrainian outfit Metalurh Donetsk, Greek side Olympiakos, French league team Monaco and now Barca.

And while a number of clubs are interested in securing the services of Yaya, it would appear that because of the family connection, Arsenal have the upper hand.

"I can't say anything yet - however it would be great to play in a big team with my brother, it would be fantastic but you never know," said Yaya in a clear "come and get me" hint to Wenger.

What do you reckon? Would you welcome Yaya as a Gunner? And could he be the man to fill the Mathieu Flamini role? Share your thoughts here.

Came straight to this page? Visit www.arsenalpies.tv for all the latest news.

Posted by Gordon Masson on May 14, 2008 10:47 AM in Players| Transfers
| Comments (5) | digg.gif digg this | delicious.gifdel.icio.us this | stumble.gifStumble It!

TrackBack

TrackBack URL for this entry:

Listed below are links to weblogs that reference Will Yaya Toure join big brother Kolo at Arsenal next season?:

Comments

i like this guy because of his brother playing at arsenal, so that i realy enjoy if yaya is arsenal player. thanks

Posted by: sinte | May 14, 2008 12:11 PM

It's pretty straightforward: he's better than Flamini...he's Kolo's brother...go get him. Though I'm not so sure he'd be easily sold, seeing how he was probably Barça's second or third-best player this season.

Posted by: dp | May 14, 2008 2:22 PM

This guy is fantastic I watched him closely in the world cup 2 yrs ago when I thot we shud have signed him, and against a very good Argentina side he ran the show, head and sholuders above anything, we shud pull out all the stops and sign him, no more dawdlin about. Get it done!!!!!!!

Posted by: wags | May 14, 2008 5:58 PM

yes yaya tuore can injoink arsenal but he most be resbaciblelity parson yaya toure hes barther can go too fa away from arsenal please iam anather player iam 17 year old i cool be arsenal some of team yes or no i cool sent my p0icture for you lock me iam ciresly yank boy do you think andar 18 be arsenal team i sent my picture from you will you like my picture sent back

Posted by: mohamed | May 15, 2008 1:53 AM

SIGN HIM!!! perfect replacement for flamini. hes a tall strong player with a great engine; mr.wenger has said recently nobodys has filled the role left by vieira. for me this guy would fit arsenal's holding role like a glove, plus the connection he would have with kolo would be immense. anyone would think they were brothers!! please arsene buy him!!

Posted by: ricky | May 16, 2008 12:44 PM