free hit counter
An unofficial blog from the creators of www.whoateallthepies.tv
Liverpool Pies

Play Fantasy Arsene Wenger: Who would you pick to face Man United?

Arsenal's quest for silverware this season rests on 90 minutes of action at Old Trafford this weekend - or 96 or 97 minutes to allow the Mancs the chance of a last ditch goal, if the Gunners' luck so far this season is anything to go by.

Putting my sour grapes aside, I would be a liar if I was to suggest that the defeat at Anfield on Tuesday was good preparation for a trip to the league leaders this weekend. But although the Arsenal first team will be despondent at their exit from the Champions League, they are acutely aware that they need to lift themselves for the top of the table clash on Sunday and I'm confident they have the character to do so.

In saying that, Alex Ferguson's men are in scintillating form at the moment and are the favourites to lift both the Premier League and Champions League trophies this season. But with nothing else to play for, I expect Arsene Wenger to choose his strongest possible team this weekend to at least put pressure on the Mancs in the run in to the league title.

I'd be astonished if Theo Walcott isn't given a starting slot at Old Trafford, allowing Emmanuel Eboue to slot in at right back if Bacary Sagna is still injured. However, if Sagna is fit, Walcott may just get the nod to partner Emmanuel Adebayor up front, rather than wide left and I hope that such an attacking line-up will be what Le Gaffer opts for in Manchester. Assuming that Mathieu Flamini has not recovered from the ankle knock he picked up at Anfield, it would be great to see Abou Diaby given a starting role in his best position in central midfield.

As usual, share your thoughts on the starting line up here. My choice would be this:

Almunia
Sagna Toure Gallas Clichy
Eboue Fabregas Diaby Hleb
Walcott Adebayor

Came straight to this page? Visit www.arsenalpies.tv for all the latest news.

Posted by Gordon Masson on April 10, 2008 3:13 PM in News| Players
| Comments (6) | digg.gif digg this | delicious.gifdel.icio.us this | stumble.gifStumble It!

TrackBack

TrackBack URL for this entry:

Listed below are links to weblogs that reference Play Fantasy Arsene Wenger: Who would you pick to face Man United?:

Comments

Isn't Diaby still suspended due to the red card at Bolton?

Posted by: Zekky | April 10, 2008 5:42 PM

Lehman
Eboue Toure Galas Clichy
Walcott Fabregas Gilberto Hleb
Adebayor Van Persie

Posted by: mendi | April 11, 2008 11:45 AM

My choice ( 4-1-3-2)

Eboue Toure Gallas Clichy
Gilberto (flamini injured and diaby out)
Walcott Fab Hleb
Adebayor Bendtner

Sub: van persie

Posted by: Tom | April 11, 2008 11:51 AM

My choice

Eboue Toure Gallas Clichy
Gilberto
Walcott Fab Hleb
Adebayor Bendtner

Posted by: Tom | April 11, 2008 11:52 AM

Almunia

Eboue, Toure, Gallas, Clichy

Walcott, Fab, Song, Hleb

Ade, Van

= gilberto shit......Song is quality the boy killed it in the African nations....through balls and defensive minded. give the kid a chance

Posted by: Umer | April 11, 2008 4:35 PM

Allowing for injuries and suspensions.
Eboue, Toure, Galls, Clichy
Walcott, Fabregas, Gilberto, Song, Hleb
Adebayor.

I concur with Umer, give Song a chance, but play 4-5-1. Walcott can break to support Ade.

Posted by: Gary | April 11, 2008 4:55 PM

Type the characters you see in the picture above.

Shiny Latest

Shiny Tech Shiny Fashion Shiny Lifestyle Shiny Sport Shiny Games
Subscribe to my feed, Tech Digest Tech Digest
  1. Lost foreign survival guide for iPhone 3G discovered, translated by CNET UK
  2. Can't find a taxi? Get a Smart Car out of a vending machine instead
  3. Shiny Video Review: Canon IXUS 970 IS digital camera
  4. Mobiado Professional 105 EM takes high-end a step further
Subscribe to my feed, Catwalk Queen  Catwalk Queen
  1. Psst... Is Emma Watson to replace Keira Knightley as the face of Chanel's Coco Mademoiselle?
  2. Stars and logos - the Louis Vuitton Stairs in Rome
  3. The Tao of Mary-Kate Olsen - her Elle cover shoot
  4. GFW catwalk report: Northampton
Subscribe to my feed, Hippyshopper  Hippyshopper
  1. New league table rates mobile phones' radiation levels
  2. Reader offer: 15% off Devidoll's Doie collection
  3. Kazam body care: mud-free natural skincare
  4. Top green and ethical festival footwear picks
Subscribe to my feed, Who Ate All The Pies Who ate all the Pies
  1. Euro 2008 Shit Lookalikes: Euro 2008 ball and a Star Wars stormtrooper
  2. Football videos: Why England didn't qualify for Euro 2008, with Frank Lampard and Steven Gerrard
  3. Euro 2008, Five conclusions: Switzerland 2-0 Portugal
  4. Howard Webb gets to ref another game (Greece vs Spain)
  1. MGS4: just the start of "an ongoing software avalanche"
  2. NPD results are in: PS3 back on top of Xbox 360
  3. Microsoft's Robbie Bach jumps on PSP-bashing bandwagon
  4. Slim pickings on PlayStation Store this week
Subscribe to my feed, Shiny Shiny Shiny Shiny
  1. Top five fathers day gadgets for dear old dad
  2. The perfect eco-Father's Day gift: the solar-powered golf buggy
  3. LG Decoy packs its own Bluetooth headset
  4. The 'world's most eco friendly' monitor from LG
Subscribe to my feed, Shoewawa  Shoewawa
  1. BCBGirls Betty peep toe flats
  2. Barratt's get the '08 look with 'Delight' sandals
  3. Melissa rubber brogues from Browns
  4. Not-so-casual Friday: Vic Matie rose detail heels
Subscribe to my feed, Corrie Blog  Corrie Blog
  1. Kym Ryder wants a Becky/Michelle "bitch fight"
  2. Hasty script rewrites as Simon Gregson is taken ill
  3. Tara Jack?
  4. Oh Behave, Andy!
Subscribe to my feed, Chelsea Pies  Chelsea Pies
  1. Is this THE PHOTO that proves Ronaldinho will come to Chelsea?
  2. Who (including Torres, Kaka and Ronaldinho) should be in Scolari's starting XI be on August 16?
  3. Poll: Is Felipe "Never managed in Europe before" Scolari the wrong choice for Chelsea?
  4. Big Ron appointed new Chelsea manager...
  1. Avatars? :(((((
  2. Rock Band full album 3 released on 24th of June
  3. Rock Band gets a Facebook app
  4. APB beta test confirmed - but you may have already missed out on getting in
  1. iPhone 3G cost-wingers need to quit moaning, new iPhone *is* half the price
  2. TomTom could make navigation software available on iPhone 3G
  3. Use the Honlai QingBar MP101 to project that PowerPoint presentation, or BBC iPlayer, from your iPhone
  4. Vodafone Italy announces contract-free prices for iPhone 3G
Subscribe to my feed, Kiss and Makeup  Kiss and Makeup
  1. Which Mascara's are really waterproof? Kiss and Makeup gets Trigger Happy
  2. Porsche to launch their Essence (scent) and toiletry range
  3. Pretty as a Princess? Kate Middleton vs Chelsy Davy in the beauty stakes
  4. Buy Beauty mags and equip yourself for summer
Subscribe to my feed, Available For Panto  Available for Panto
  1. Big Brother: watch Stephanie go
  2. Vanessa Feltz was there when Lembit & Gabriela first met
  3. Big Brother - how to be in the audience
  4. In the tabloids: Gordon Brown on the Apprentice, Andrew Johnston's been signed, Dannii and Cheryl already at war?
Subscribe to my feed, ManunitedPies  Man United Pies
  1. Carlos Queiroz in frame to replace Portugal coach Scolari
  2. Will Scolari influence Ronaldo to quit United for Real Madrid?
  3. As Benzema and Ramsey snub us - why don't players want to join United?
  4. United prepare to offer Ronaldo £150,000 a week - but will that be enough to keep him?
  1. test
  3. 'Bondette' bag from Suede's 'Stockholmatrix' range
  4. The *real* star of Sex and the City: the Judith Leiber Cupcake bag
Subscribe to my feed, Crafty Crafty  Crafty Crafty
  1. Diamonds are a girl's best friend: Burda Style's 'Celeste' dress
  2. How to: Make Jewellery from Lord of the Rings
  3. Father's Day How To: Make a Necktie Cake
  4. Geek Craft: Make your own cheap, custom lightsaber!
Subscribe to my feed, Liverpool Pies  Liverpool Pies
  1. Should Rafa go after German striker?
  2. Scolari promised El Nino - you must be joking!
  3. Your view: How much do you think we should pay for Gareth Barry?
  4. Barry replacing Alonso the move to win the Premiership?
Subscribe to my feed, Bridalwave  Bridalwave
  1. Viktor & Rolf 'Flowerbomb' perfume
  2. Mother of The Bride: Summer suit from Autograph at M&S;
  3. Made to Measure suits for the groom from Austin Reed
  4. Satin and chiffon strapless gown from Fairy Goth Mother
Subscribe to my feed, Brandish  Brandish
  1. WISHLIST: Prada Lifestyle Sets
  2. Comme Des Garçons' CDG Energy C Parfum
  3. Several splashes of colour
  4. Sonia Rykiel Homme closes down
Subscribe to my feed, SpursPies  Spurs Pies
  1. Spurs fan wins Apprentice - now THAT'S what he's talking about!
  2. Dream team or mid-table side - who's right about Tottenham?
  3. Croatia Euro 2008 Watch: Luka Modric will 'star' for Spurs
  4. Who needs Hello! Spurs Pies presents Robbie Keane's wedding album...