free hit counter
An unofficial blog from the creators of www.whoateallthepies.tv
Liverpool Pies

Arsenal bow out, but Theo Walcott comes of age

Our hopes of an extended Champions League campaign may have been dashed last night, but the one ray of hope to emerge from the game at Anfield was the growing stature of Theo Walcott.

With six minutes left on the clock, the 19-year-old picked up the ball on the edge of his own penalty area and showed his lightning quick pace to beat four international players en route to Liverpool's penalty area, before squaring a perfectly weighted ball for Emmanuel Adebayor to slot home.

What followed a minute later with the Swedish referee's gift of a penalty to Liverpool will be talked about for a long time, but the fact that Walcott nearly won us a semi final place should not be forgotten.

Particularly impressive was the way in which he looked up not once, but twice as he shrugged off Javier Mascherano's last ditch challenge to see where his team mates were and coolly pick out Adebayor.

I've not always been a fan of Walcott, but he's proving to be a big game player and I'd be astonished if he isn't given a starting place when the Gunners travel to Old Trafford this weekend.

And with the suggestion that he will be used as an out-and-out striker next season, I'm delighted to admit I was wrong about Theo. Who knows, he might just go on to become an Arsenal legend like his hero Thierry Henry.

Came straight to this page? Visit www.arsenalpies.tv for all the latest news.

Posted by Gordon Masson on April 9, 2008 11:06 AM in Champions League| News| Players
| Comments (5) | digg.gif digg this | delicious.gifdel.icio.us this | stumble.gifStumble It!

TrackBack

TrackBack URL for this entry:

Listed below are links to weblogs that reference Arsenal bow out, but Theo Walcott comes of age:

Comments

one run and he comes of age bwahhhhhhhhhhhhh bwahhhhhhhhhhh big game player bwahhhhhhhhhhhh you bunch of losers....feck all ya going to win feck all bwahhhhhhhhhh bwahhhhhhhhhh larfing all the way, brilliant, so funny wathcing ya sad little fans wishing they had their Manure scarfs on bwahhhhhh lol

Posted by: A Typical Chavski | April 9, 2008 12:50 PM

how come this is the worst of all the pies blogs?there are never any posts and noone comments on them and this is from an arsenal fan

Posted by: harry | April 9, 2008 1:31 PM

There are some comments on here, but then there are a lot of Arsenal for to chose from so maybe not too many subscribe to this. It also doesn't help that when you do subscribe you get told you are subscribed to Chelsea Pies and every e-mail ya get says its from Arsenal Pies but is entitled Chelsea Pies. I think that many fans don't click through as they think they are being sent the wrong link.

Posted by: fra | April 9, 2008 5:02 PM

I have to admit also that I've made mistake about theo and that god he proved me wrong last tuesday .. the best part is establishing theo's free way along the anfield ..

Posted by: Mansour | April 10, 2008 1:25 PM

FRAMED.

Posted by: Glen | April 11, 2008 10:05 AM

Type the characters you see in the picture above.

Shiny Latest

Shiny Tech Shiny Fashion Shiny Lifestyle Shiny Sport Shiny Games
Subscribe to my feed, Tech Digest Tech Digest
  1. TouchLauncher: Turn your Palm into an iPhone
  2. Shiny Video Review: Nokia 6600 Fold mobile phone
  3. The Sims DJ available for iPods and nanos - more strategy than songs
  4. Facebook has surpassed MySpace, now the world's most popular social networking site
Subscribe to my feed, Catwalk Queen  Catwalk Queen
  1. GFW catwalk report: Northampton
  2. The wisdom of Kaiser Karl #2: Being touched by people
  3. Pick of the Blogs: Chanel fishing rod, fabulous fringing and M.I.A .
  4. Bachelor New York congressman wants special 'model visa'
Subscribe to my feed, Hippyshopper  Hippyshopper
  1. New league table rates mobile phones' radiation levels
  2. Reader offer: 15% off Devidoll's Doie collection
  3. Kazam body care: mud-free natural skincare
  4. Top green and ethical festival footwear picks
Subscribe to my feed, Who Ate All The Pies Who ate all the Pies
  1. Euro 2008 FAIL of the week: German reporter fakes bomb threat to catch plane
  2. Howard Webb, the most hated man in Poland, receives web death threats
  3. First Spain player to score vs Sweden wins a Hummer... on one condition
  4. The Fiendish Friday Quiz
  1. MGS4: just the start of "an ongoing software avalanche"
  2. NPD results are in: PS3 back on top of Xbox 360
  3. Microsoft's Robbie Bach jumps on PSP-bashing bandwagon
  4. Slim pickings on PlayStation Store this week
Subscribe to my feed, Shiny Shiny Shiny Shiny
  1. The perfect eco-Father's Day gift: the solar-powered gold buggy
  2. LG Decoy packs its own Bluetooth headset
  3. The 'world's most eco friendly' monitor from LG
  4. Interview with Kelly Law-Yone, the Guitar Hero Queen
Subscribe to my feed, Shoewawa  Shoewawa
  1. Barratt's get the '08 look with 'Delight' sandals
  2. Melissa rubber brogues from Browns
  3. Not-so-casual Friday: Vic Matie rose detail heels
  4. Whose shoes are these?
Subscribe to my feed, Corrie Blog  Corrie Blog
  1. From Billy Walker to Captain Hook in 45 years
  2. This week in Coronation Street history
  3. CBC ditches Corrie theme?
  4. Corrie's Barbara Young tries her hand at bingo calling
Subscribe to my feed, Chelsea Pies  Chelsea Pies
  1. Is this THE PHOTO that proves Ronaldinho will come to Chelsea?
  2. Who (including Torres, Kaka and Ronaldinho) should be in Scolari's starting XI be on August 16?
  3. Poll: Is Felipe "Never managed in Europe before" Scolari the wrong choice for Chelsea?
  4. Big Ron appointed new Chelsea manager...
  1. APB beta test confirmed - but you may have already missed out on getting in
  2. US SALES NEWS: GTA IV outsold PS3 version 2:1 in May
  3. G-Unit say Blood on the Sand "as good as Gears of War"
  4. Isle of Wight DLC for Guitar Hero III
  1. iPhone 3G cost-wingers need to quit moaning, new iPhone *is* half the price
  2. TomTom could make navigation software available on iPhone 3G
  3. Use the Honlai QingBar MP101 to project that PowerPoint presentation, or BBC iPlayer, from your iPhone
  4. Vodafone Italy announces contract-free prices for iPhone 3G
Subscribe to my feed, Kiss and Makeup  Kiss and Makeup
  1. Which Mascara's are really waterproof? Kiss and Makeup gets Trigger Happy
  2. Porsche to launch their Essence (scent) and toiletry range
  3. Pretty as a Princess? Kate Middleton vs Chelsy Davy in the beauty stakes
  4. Buy Beauty mags and equip yourself for summer
Subscribe to my feed, Available For Panto  Available for Panto
  1. Vanessa Feltz was there when Lembit & Gabriela first met
  2. Big Brother - how to be in the audience
  3. In the tabloids: Gordon Brown on the Apprentice, Andrew Johnston's been signed, Dannii and Cheryl already at war?
  4. Panto Poll: Who should go tonight?
Subscribe to my feed, ManunitedPies  Man United Pies
  1. Carlos Queiroz in frame to replace Portugal coach Scolari
  2. Will Scolari influence Ronaldo to quit United for Real Madrid?
  3. As Benzema and Ramsey snub us - why don't players want to join United?
  4. United prepare to offer Ronaldo £150,000 a week - but will that be enough to keep him?
  1. test
  3. 'Bondette' bag from Suede's 'Stockholmatrix' range
  4. The *real* star of Sex and the City: the Judith Leiber Cupcake bag
Subscribe to my feed, Crafty Crafty  Crafty Crafty
  1. Diamonds are a girl's best friend: Burda Style's 'Celeste' dress
  2. How to: Make Jewellery from Lord of the Rings
  3. Father's Day How To: Make a Necktie Cake
  4. Geek Craft: Make your own cheap, custom lightsaber!
Subscribe to my feed, Liverpool Pies  Liverpool Pies
  1. Should Rafa go after German striker?
  2. Scolari promised El Nino - you must be joking!
  3. Your view: How much do you think we should pay for Gareth Barry?
  4. Barry replacing Alonso the move to win the Premiership?
Subscribe to my feed, Bridalwave  Bridalwave
  1. Viktor & Rolf 'Flowerbomb' perfume
  2. Mother of The Bride: Summer suit from Autograph at M&S;
  3. Made to Measure suits for the groom from Austin Reed
  4. Satin and chiffon strapless gown from Fairy Goth Mother
Subscribe to my feed, Brandish  Brandish
  1. Comme Des Garçons' CDG Energy C Parfum
  2. Several splashes of colour
  3. Sonia Rykiel Homme closes down
  4. 50 Films that influenced men's style
Subscribe to my feed, SpursPies  Spurs Pies
  1. Spurs fan wins Apprentice - now THAT'S what he's talking about!
  2. Dream team or mid-table side - who's right about Tottenham?
  3. Croatia Euro 2008 Watch: Luka Modric will 'star' for Spurs
  4. Who needs Hello! Spurs Pies presents Robbie Keane's wedding album...